Please contact our practice on (02) 9387 3900 to book in for an initial consultation with Dr Nettle. Following your consultation we will provide you with a quotation for your surgery and discuss available surgery dates.
A consultation with Dr Nettle is $350 and is due at the time of booking your appointment. This pre-payment guarantees your time with Dr Nettle. This fee is subject to a Medicare rebate of $72.75 if you bring a doctor’s referral with you on the day. While the consultation is non-refundable, you can change the date of your consultation with up to 2 full working days notice.
We recommend that you set aside 2 hours for your initial visit, as sometimes we can run late. This can be very stressful if you have back to back appointments, or have parked your car in metered street parking.
If you are ready for surgery and know the dates that you would like to have your procedure as well as having your finances ready, please contact our Cosmetic Surgery Consultant Michelle on email@example.com to see if she can get you in sooner.
Dr Nettle regularly sees patients from interstate and overseas. You can arrange a Zoom consultation if you are unsure if you are a good candidate for your chosen procedure or email us pictures and we will get back to you. For more detailed information follow the link;
A referral from your local GP is not required, however if you have one then a portion of your consultation fee (currently $72.75) is rebatable. A referral will also be required in order to involve your private health fund to rebate some of the costs of your surgery if you are eligible (please check with our Cosmetic Surgery Consultant or Dr Nettle). We require this referral prior to your surgery date in order for you to be able to claim.
Upon arriving to the practice, you will be asked to fill in a new patient form and medical history form.
Your consultation with Dr Nettle will go for approximately 45 minutes where he will discuss with you your concerns and what procedures may be suitable for you. Some patients can get nervous and forget to ask important questions, we recommend having a list of your important questions with you to help you maximise your consultation time. After this you will see our Cosmetic Surgery Consultant who will put together a quotation for you as well as information regarding available surgery dates.
We prefer that you don’t bring children as we find that children can be very distracting at a time when the focus needs to be all about you. We want to give you our full and undivided attention, and to ensure that all your questions and concerns are addressed. There is also a lot of equipment that can be dangerous for young curious hands.
When booking your surgery, 100% of the surgeons fee is required to secure your allocated surgical date. We give you a mandatory 7 day cooling off period before you are allowed to book your surgery, this is to ensure you are making an informed decision to proceed. Its also important to note that the surgeons fee once paid is non-refundable.
Once you have received the quotation from our Cosmetic Surgery Consultant, you will be able to contact your private health insurance to see if you are eligible for a rebate. As of November the 1st 2018 the Medicare and Private Health fund rules will change making it harder to claim for cosmetic procedures.
We do not offer payment plans, but there are a number of options patients have, such as medical financing companies, which can be found online.
Yes. Dr Nettle performs all his procedures himself.
This will depend on your procedure and the complexity of the surgery. Some smaller procedures are performed in our rooms. All larger procedures are done at Bondi Junction Private Hospital under a general anaesthetic performed by qualified anaesthetists, assistants and nurses. Some procedures are day stays and others require longer stays.
Dr Nettle operates at Bondi Junction Private Hospital.
- Members of the ASPS are specialist Plastic Surgeons who are in full-time plastic surgery practice.
- Members have completed at least 12 years education and training.
- Members have undertaken a minimum of 7 years of training after the completion of medical school.
- The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training program requires a minimum of 5 years specialist Surgical Education and Training.
- Members obtained a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS Plast).
- The Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) is an award, fully accredited by the Australian Medical Council which is the only body authorised by the Commonwealth Government to certify all medical training.
- ASPS is authorised by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons to offer post graduate surgical training programs for the specialty of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- ASPS offers research in the specialty of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- All ASPS members are recognized by Medicare Australia as specialist Plastic Surgeons.
Dr Nettle offers revision surgery to his own patients only.